Last Chance to Reason's new album "Level 2" ... Wow. WELL exceeded my expectations. Best album I've heard in a long time. No exaggeration.
After a few listens, I've gathered that it's about an entity in a digital world that is destined to eradicate a virus. I can't pay much attention to any one thing because there's SO much going on. Beautiful vocal harmonies, polyrhythms, ambient synth pads, crazy guitar passages and punchy bass lines... I don't know what I should listen to.
Favorite tracks: Apotheosis and Portal
Apotheosis: Combines all of the themes presented and creates a spinetingling conclusion to the story line. The dynamic fade out is boss.
Portal: Bass Solo. 'nuff said. but really, there are some awesome vocal hooks and harmonies. A very nice Dream Theater-esque passage in there too.
I've listened to this in its entirety three times in a row. It begs to be listened to as such.
9.5/10 -- only because it could have been mixed a LITTLE better.
No comments:
Post a Comment